Skip to Main Content Skip to bottom Skip to Chat, Email, Text

International Admissions

Complete your education from anywhere in the world

Earning your degree or certificate from halfway across the world can be exciting! Get your application going by sending us your international transcript to see if you can save time and money — as well as your English proficiency test scores.

Individuals who reside in certain countries will not be enrolled or admitted unless they are a U.S. citizen or are affiliated with the U.S. Military.

Graduate who completed their degree from anywhere in the world

English proficiency tests

If you completed high school in a country where English is not the official language, you can meet the English proficiency admission requirement by passing one of the following examinations within two years prior to enrolling at University of Phoenix. See if you don't require an English proficiency test.

Students have test options to demonstrate English proficiency

Passing score = 213 (all programs)
Passing score = 79 (Internet-based Test-IbT)

Go to TOEFL test site

Passing score = 750 (all programs)

Go to TOEIC test site

Passing score = 6.5 (all programs)

Go to IELTS test site

Passing score of 75 (all programs)  

Go to BERLITZ test site

Passing Score = 170 (all programs)

Go to Cambridge English test site

Passing Score = 100 (all programs)

Go to Duolingo test site

Passing score of 59 (all programs) scores

Go to Pearson test site

International Transcripts

Save time and money with eligible credits for international coursework

Speak to an enrollment representative about transcript evaluation. Call (844) 937-8679. English translations are required, learn more about transcripts.

International transcripts as a US student

If you are currently living in the US and have transcripts from a recognized international college or university, you can have them evaluated for transfer credits.

Requirements include:

  • Be a legal resident of the United States.
  • Have been granted permanent residency.
  • Have a valid Visa that does not prohibit educational studies.
  • Have been granted temporary protected status along with approved Notice of Action issued by Citizen Immigration Services and verified through CIS Form G-845.
  • Have been granted asylum along with the approved Notice of Action issued by Citizen Immigration Services.

International transcripts as a foreign student

Request your transcripts from your recognized international college or university and have them evaluated for transfer credit to save time and money. Evaluation services follow standards approved by the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Credentials.

Student exploring many possible fields of study

Why do international students choose University of Phoenix?

  • Select from 100 online programs aligned to 300+ careers. In fact, 80% of our programs are in high-growth fields.
  • Get personal support by phone, chat or email from a member of our international team. Collectively, they speak 10 languages and are versed in regional and local education systems. 
  • Take online classes 24/7/365 to fit your schedule from anywhere in the world.

Frequently asked questions

  • When you successfully completed the equivalent of 30 transferable, academic semester credits at a recognized college or university in a country in which English is the official language.
  • When you successfully completed the equivalent of 30 transferable, academic semester credits at a recognized institution where English is the sole medium of instruction. This can be verified by a CRS in Office of Admissions and Records through the International Handbook of Universities or on official letterhead sent directly from the institution to the campus. 
  • When you successfully completed 30 transferable, academic semester credits at an approved, institutionally accredited college or university in the United States. 

Yes. If the academic records are in another language, a certified English translation is required. We accept translations from:

  • Issuing institution—the school itself provides an official translation which is "validated" by the Registrar or other school official.
  • Certified translator from an official translation service or a professional organization which provides certified translations as one of its services. Such a service will employ only certified translators who have successfully passed required examinations and are governed by specific rules/regulations.
  • Foreign language professor from a regionally accredited institution.
  • Embassy or consulate official.
  • University of Phoenix provides Spanish and French translation.

If you are currently living in the US but are not a US citizen, you can still go to school at University of Phoenix with a valid Visa.

  • A valid, acceptable visa will allow an applicant to both hold legal employment and attend school in the United States.
  • The visa type, date of issue and country of citizenship must be listed on the admission application. Please verify that the visa is current — expired visas cannot be accepted.
  • Legible copies of visas are acceptable documentation.

University of Phoenix accepts transfer coursework or credits from recognized post-secondary institutions from all over the world, in accordance with our transfer policies. Undergraduate students also have the possible option of earning college credit through the 之前的学习评估(PLA). With PLA, students can earn credits for professional trainings or certifications which may apply toward your general education or elective undergraduate degree requirements.

Yes, through national testing programs such as Berlitz™ and CLEP, you may be eligible to take a language based examination for credit towards undergraduate degree requirements. These tests are available in a multitude of languages and depending on your test scores, may allow you to earn additional college credits that can be applied towards an associate or bachelor level degree program. Contact your Enrollment Representative for additional information regarding this process.

No. Eligible Non-U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent resident card holders pay the same price for tuition as students who are U.S. citizens.

That depends on the employer. In today’s changing educational environment, many more universities, even traditional ground universities are offering more and more classes online. In fact, many employers are helping their staff to attain degrees online.

University of Phoenix has forged alliances with hundreds of companies worldwide that pay for their employees to take courses with the University online. Students may consult their Human Resources department to see if your employer offers this type of benefit to employees.

Talk to representatives of the field you would like to go into for an idea of what types of education are accepted in your country or wherever you anticipate working.

Berlitz is a registered trademark of Berlitz International Inc. TOEFL and TOEIC are registered trademarks of Educational Testing Services. IELTS is a registered trademark of University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate on Behalf of the chancellor, Masters and Scholars of the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom.

Our enrollment representative is here to help

Access the support you deserve today

Explore more as an international student

Ways to save: Find help paying for school

Student experience: Balance work, life, and school

Discover a life-changing degree: See what’s possible at University of Phoenix